I’m back from my time off of having a baby back in March – thanks for your patience with me 🙂
I had a healthy baby girl, Olivia Claire, and she’s a cutie, if I do say so myself!
Anyway…now that life is back to a new normal, I’ve started incorporate new recipes in our meals – heck, I started making meals, period.
I wanted to share with you this new favorite – Pizza Spaghetti Casserole. I normally do not care much for spaghetti squash, but in this recipe, I really liked it.
Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 pound italian or regular sausage
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup pizza sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Add anything you like with pizza: veggies, basil, cheese, etc…
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skin of the squash gives when you press on it. Then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees. Cook for another 30 minutes or so.
- Once squash is done cooking, remove threads and place in a large bowl.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add italian sausage and onion. Cook until pink no longer remains in the sausage and it is broken up into pieces. Drain the grease & add to bowl with squash.
- Add pizza sauce, dried basil and salt and pepper, toppings to the bowl and mix well. I used cheese in mine pictured
- Lastly, add whisked eggs to the bowl and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust that doesn’t give when you press on it in the middle of the dish.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.