These waffles are simply amazing. They are dense, crunchy on the outside and spongy on the inside. I don’t often think that I can’t tell much difference between the grain-free version and the original version, but in this case, if I didn’t know these were made with almond flour, I would never guess it. The only small difference is that I think they are a bit drier than “normal” waffles.
Try these – you won’t regret it!
Almond Flour Waffles
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 generous teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of honey (or other sweetener)
- Warm up your waffle iron.
- Place the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, and blend with a whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Add 1/4 cup of the batter, maybe less or more depending on your waffle iron, and close the lid.
- When the waffle is ready, take it out, place it on a plate, and then add your favorite topping! I love peanut butter & maple syrup.