Can I just say that I love peanut butter? Before bed I eat a spoonful (or two) of peanut butter with a gulp of milk. I love my almond flour brownies, but sometimes I need something peanut-buttery. And ever since I discovered an amazing low glycemic sugar substitute in coconut sugar, I have been able to experiment more in my dessert recipes.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup coconut sugar (I use 1 cup because I like things sweet)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (can substitute almond butter to make primal)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the almond flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Beat in the eggs, peanut butter, oil, vanilla extract, and water.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan. Pour the batter in and spread it around the bottom into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the outside is firm and bounces back to the touch.
- Let cool slightly before cutting in.